I think I have strep throat. It feels like there is a grapefruit sized lump in there that is making it impossible to swallow. The sickness isn’t the only thing making me feel crumby. I have left over Lobster Mac and Cheese in my fridge and I can’t eat it! I’m sure Chris and Callum don’t mind. They love it just as much as I do.
Lobster Mac and Cheese is a fall/winter staple in our house. It’s decadent, rich and flavourful but also easy to make. In the time it takes to cook your pasta you can make your cheese sauce. The bread crumb and butter topping adds a nice crunch and an extra bit of rich flavour. The best part is that there are always left overs so you can eat it for days.
Lobster Mac and Cheese- Serves 6
1/2 lb penne
2 cups whole milk
4 table spoons butter divided
1/4 cup flour
2 cups (6 oz) grated gruyere cheese
1 cups (4 oz) grated sharp cheddar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb lobster meat cut into chunks
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cook pasta to al dente
3. While pasta is cooking heat the milk in a microwavable container or warm in a small sauce pan on the stove. Do not boil
4. In a large sauce pan melt 3 tbsp. of butter. Add in the flour and cook, whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes.
5. Whisk in the hot milk and add the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until thick. You will know it is ready when it clings to the back of a spoon.
6. Add cheese and whisk until completely melted.
7. Add pasta and lobster to the sauce. Stir to combine. Pour into a casserole dish
8. Mix remaining melted butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over top of the Mac and Cheese
9. Cook at 375 for 30 minutes
This recipe can be doubled. I have doubled it several times and always turns out amazing
Cheesy deliciousness! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.